"The only way of catching a train I have ever discovered is to miss the train before." - Gilbert K. Chesterton

Thursday, June 16, 2011

Final Prep

Before we get going on the actual post, I'd just like to point out that a Nutella and Banana Crepe is the single best study reward snack ever.  The crepe-making adventures of yesterday continue to a tasty influence on my life.

I have my Greek final exam tomorrow!  For those of you keeping score at home, yes, this DOES mean that I've learned an entire semester's worth of Greek over the last three weeks.  I was getting fairly overwhelmed, but as usual I've pulled things together and I am feeling fairly confident about the test tomorrow.  I've made up an abundance of acrostic memory sentences (ie: "Amy Adams drives past avocado stands and abandoned auto parts.")  I think it'll go well; and in any case, I've done well enough on my other exams/quizzes for it to be basically impossible for me to get less than an A in the class.  So it's been a rather stressful day, but it's going to turn out fine.

And that's about all I have to report here from Dallas today.  The weather continues to be hot, my paid work hours continue to be lacking in the face of studying (it will be made up over the weekend), and my guitar has seen more musical action in the last couple of days than it has in the last month as it becomes a stress-relieving tool.  

Looking forward to the weekend!!  

No comments:

Post a Comment