"The only way of catching a train I have ever discovered is to miss the train before." - Gilbert K. Chesterton

Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Good Golly Gosh.

This was a rough day...I'm glad it's over.

Nothing bad happened really, I just felt generally exhausted and sick for much of the day, and had to spend much time studying through these feelings.  Not cool.

The thing that IS cool, though, is that my phone works again!!!  YEAH!!!!!!  If you were unaware, I haven't been able to make or receive calls or texts in my apartment/neighborhood since I got back to Dallas at the end of May, and the AT&T store, a customer service phone call, and two online chat support sessions were all completely useless.  I therefore spent the entire month sitting outside in 110 degree heat by the lake in my neighborhood whenever I had to make a phone call, because that was the only place I could have enough reception to place a call (and I still couldn't receive them).  But now things are better, and I have learned the secret to getting problems fixed quickly with AT&T.

What is the secret, you ask?

I shall share it with you.

The secret, my friends, is befriending the wife of an AT&T Senior Executive Vice President and General Counsel, who happens to sit next to you in Greek class and who, when you mention that you are having trouble with your AT&T phone service, is more than happy to pass your information on to her very important husband, who then uses his very important power to tell AT&T to get their act together.  Then, the next day, while you go out for lunch with said Executive's wife and another classmate for a study session, an AT&T Performance Manager will call you (where you luckily have reception) and apologize profusely for the problems you have been experiencing, listen patiently to all the details of your complaint, and will promise to find a solution for you.  You will then have active phone reception in your apartment within 3 hours.

Yeah.  That's the way to get stuff done.  Like my friend said, it's amazing what a phone call from the right person can accomplish...

So, if you do need to call me, you now have a much better chance of me answering the phone :)

1 comment:

  1. You have friends in high places. Besides me. Good for you!

    ReplyDelete