"The only way of catching a train I have ever discovered is to miss the train before." - Gilbert K. Chesterton

Friday, August 12, 2011

Belonging

There is nothing like going on a wonderful date, meeting with your new boss to discuss your new job, and signing an apartment lease renewal agreement within a single 24-hour period to make you feel like you belong somewhere.  And that is what my past 24 hours included.

Well, technically, I'm including yesterday evening in that statement, but it did all happen in a 24 hour period.  The rest of the 48 hours was filled in with sleeping, and watching a movie over takeout Chinese food with a friend.

Still, as I was walking back to my apartment from the leasing office today, I realized that for the first time since I moved here last August, I really, truly feel like I belong in Dallas.

And that is a very good feeling.

No comments:

Post a Comment