"The only way of catching a train I have ever discovered is to miss the train before." - Gilbert K. Chesterton

Monday, August 8, 2011

Communication is Good

I think that this is true.  Communication is better than not communicating...whether that communication is intentional or unintentional.  I've realized the good side of my unintentional text communication of yesterday (even though I'm still horribly embarrassed and occasionally want to smack my head into the wall)...AND, a friend of mine finally made the decision to communicate his feelings with a certain girl, with positive results.  So communication...it's a good thing.  I'm not any expert on relationships, but I hear that being open and honest about your feelings is important.  I'm glad that I accidentally forced myself into it, and I'm glad that my friend decided to communicate as well (side note: I may have been a major player in persuading him to communicate these feelings.  Ironic, no?)

In other news, I spent the day packing for the trip back to Dallas.  My car is now stuffed with my giant purple suitcase, a cast iron patio chair, and an electric keyboard, among other things, and I will head off on the first leg of the journey tomorrow morning.  In a lot of ways, I'm looking forward to going back...I have a lot of good things waiting for me when I get back to Dallas, and I really feel like this is going to be a good year.  But, it's always hard to leave my family, and I'm sure I'll have a tearful goodbye tomorrow morning (especially given that I already had a tearful "goodnight" a couple hours ago).  I'm really glad that I got to spend this time at home...but my life is in Dallas now, and back to reality I must go.

See you in Muskogee.

No comments:

Post a Comment