"The only way of catching a train I have ever discovered is to miss the train before." - Gilbert K. Chesterton

Saturday, August 27, 2011

Reprieve

Today was a much needed day of rest.  I slept until 10:00, which was nice...and then I took a nap from 11:30-2:00.  Yeah.  I basically just slept all day, and the parts of the day that weren't spent sleeping were spent putting off homework or chatting with friends and family via the phone and the internet.  Happily, I DID finish one reading assignment, so the day wasn't a total loss...and anyway, I've decided that personal rest time shouldn't be counted as wasted time when it is needed, and today it was very, very needed.

In the evening I went to a social event at the school that mostly involved ice cream, laughing with friends, and watching Rio (yes, the movie about the birds).  The movie was actually surprisingly delightful...about 10 times funnier than I thought it was going to be.  It was a fun night to just relax with school friends.

So that was my day!  Tomorrow is another work day, and then Monday will be a study day, and then I'll hit the ground running for week two of the semester.  Breaks never last long!

No comments:

Post a Comment