"The only way of catching a train I have ever discovered is to miss the train before." - Gilbert K. Chesterton

Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Oy. Food Poisoning.

Yeah.  I had it, and it was not.  fun.

It was so not fun that I have purposefully chosen to use poor punctuation and capitalization to emphasize how not fun it was.

Even more not fun was the fact that I had all this food poisoning (which, incidentally, I blame on the otherwise tasty KFC chicken fingers I ate for dinner last night) in the middle of a severe thunderstorm-induced power outage between 3:00-5:30am.  And as not fun as food poisoning is on its own, being sick by the light of your cell phone in an otherwise pitch black hotel room is even worse.

The good news is that now I am feeling somewhat better.  I made it back to Dallas just fine, where I hastily unpacked the car before crashing for a 2 hour nap (and therefore not unpacking anything further), and I felt a lot better when I woke up - so much so, in fact, that I went to dinner at Pei Wei with friends.  I ordered the Kids Meal of Honey Seared Chicken with Brown Rice, which was tame and yet tasted good, and surprisingly cheap in comparison to the normal meal (and more properly portioned).  Surprisingly, I felt better after eating a whole meal.

Unfortunately, now I'm starting to feel ever so slightly sick again, but I think it's more tiredness than anything.  So I'm off to curl up in my (much missed) queen-sized bed, and go to sleep.

No comments:

Post a Comment