"The only way of catching a train I have ever discovered is to miss the train before." - Gilbert K. Chesterton

Monday, August 15, 2011

Goodbye Summer...

Today was my last official day of summer - tomorrow I have to be up bright and early for an all-day internship orientation, and then do the same on Wednesday, and then do the same for a lesser amount of time on Thursday evening.  If there's anything that can be said about the Perkins School of Theology, it's that they like to orient people.

I spent the day having lunch and much-needed conversation with a friend, going grocery shopping (finally), watching last week's episode of Project Runway, eating dinner with several school friends and about 20 Hispanic people (my friends live in a new monastic house that hosts community dinners weekly), briefly talking with my boyfriend on the phone (where he confirmed that he is still alive and well on his trip to California, which is good), and watching Funny Face in the evening.  And now it is ten minutes to midnight, and I must be at SMU around 8:15am to become oriented to my internship, and although I recognize that I need sleep, I am reluctant to go to bed because it marks the official end of my summer vacation.  But I really think this is going to be a good year...might as well get started!

No comments:

Post a Comment