"The only way of catching a train I have ever discovered is to miss the train before." - Gilbert K. Chesterton

Thursday, August 18, 2011

Really Oriented.

Yesterday I was oriented.  Today...I am REALLY oriented.

The final step of intern orientation was tonight - the Lay Teaching Committee orientation, during which I met with my mentor pastor and eight members of the church where I'll be working, who will be supporting me and giving me feedback throughout the year.  It was so great to get to meet some members of the church - they were all so excited to meet me and so friendly!  I think they're going to be a really great group to work with, and if they're representative of the church as a while, then I think it's going to be a really great church to work at!

I also acquired all the remaining textbooks for my courses, meaning that I am officially ready to start the semester.  I'll have tomorrow and Saturday off, and I start work on Sunday and classes on Tuesday!

No comments:

Post a Comment