"The only way of catching a train I have ever discovered is to miss the train before." - Gilbert K. Chesterton

Monday, August 29, 2011

Overwhelmedness

Today I worked on homework in the library for 6 hours, with considerable periods of staring into space in overwhelmedness.  Yeah.  Overwhelmedness.  I'm declaring it to be a word right now.

After those six hours, I went and met with my lay teaching committee at the church to go over my intern progress so far.  Then I met some friends at Pei Wei and ate copious amounts of honey chicken to drown my sorrows...then we went to Marble Slab because it was next door, and we like ice cream.  I'd planned to go back to the library after dinner, but it was getting pretty late and I thought I'd reached my overwhelmedness quota for the day, so I went back to the apartment.  And here I am: exhausted and overwhelmed...and heading into a new week.

Oy.

1 comment:

  1. I am sorry that you are overwhelmed. I am behind on my blog readings. I wanted to tell you that I hadn't seen that Julian Smith video and it made me laugh like a mad woman. Thank you for that!

    ReplyDelete