"The only way of catching a train I have ever discovered is to miss the train before." - Gilbert K. Chesterton

Sunday, August 28, 2011

Sunday Work-Day

I think it's going to take me awhile to get into this new Sunday = Work Day thing that going into full-time ministry entails.  Granted, I'm still just in the phase of sitting in on meetings and classes and things, but it's a long day nonetheless - imagine going to church for 6 hours straight, and you'll kind of get the idea...except that I also have to be "on" all the time, making a good impression to everyone I meet as the enthusiastic, confident, intelligent young intern.  For a person who (believe it or not) is naturally introverted, it can be a bit draining.

The bright side, though, is that my name is now printed in the bulletin under "Church Staff."  That's fun :)

It was also payday.  Also fun :)

The afternoon was spent taking a nap, and then my boyfriend came over and we cooked dinner together and went for a walk around SMU's campus.  Then, I wrapped up the evening Skyping with an old friend.  So overall, it was definitely a good day, if another long one.

Now tomorrow...tomorrow is study day.  Really.  I'm going to bed as soon as this is posted, waking up at a decent hour, and then heading off to the library (since studying in the apartment hasn't been too fruitful this weekend).  Ideally, I'd like to work out tomorrow, but I think that would just wear me out more and make me less productive in the homework realm, which needs to take priority right now.  Then I'll have a meeting with my lay teaching committee at the church tomorrow evening, when I'll get some initial feedback about my work so far and generally talk about my job.  That's the plan, and I'm sticking to it!!


No comments:

Post a Comment