"The only way of catching a train I have ever discovered is to miss the train before." - Gilbert K. Chesterton

Friday, August 19, 2011

A Twitter Account of My Day

I was talking with my friend Kelly just now about how I feel like my blog has been suffering lately - I keep putting off posts until I'm too tired to write, or until my eyes hurt from staring at meaningless social media stuff on the computer screen, or just plain not doing anything blog-worthy throughout the day.  Kelly said not to worry about it, and that ramblings about my day are basically just like what Twitter is, and people seem to like that.

Even if I don't have a Twitter account...I liked that idea.  So here is what my day would have looked like on Twitter, if I had a Twitter account:

9:00am - Oh hi there snooze alarm...

11:30am - What a weird dream that was...rabbits turning into horror-movie-esque children...WAIT it's already 11:30?!?!  I can't believe I slept so late!

12:00pm - commonprayer.net is awesome, check it out!

1:00pm - Oh University Station Post Office, why must you be so sketchy?

1:45pm - Just set up an account on StumbleUpon!  Best new method of procrastination?  Yes...

3:27pm - Just remembered I have an episode of Project Runway to watch on DVR!!

4:58pm - Yeah...I'm glad Julie got eliminated, her clothes perplex me...

5:15pm - 50 First Dates is such a funny movie!  Can't believe I've never seen it before!

6:45pm - Off to the Students of Missional Wisdom Kickoff event!  You should come too!!!

7:35pm - I am secretly the master of sand volleyball...when I'm playing 2-on-1 against two equally volleyball-illiterate friends ;)

8:07 - Nothing like a sand volleyball game to remind you that you're out of shape...

8:15pm - Just put a water bottle covered in sand on my neck to cool off...smart move there.

8:27pm - Bump, Set, Spike!!

8:45pm - ...I am COVERED in sand!!!!

9:17pm - Took a shower...I feel so cleeeeeean and sand-freeeee!

9:40pm - "I daresay you'll find him very agreeable."  "It would be most inconvenient since I've sworn to loathe him for all eternity."  :)

10:38pm - Love catching up with old friends!

11:40pm - Blog posting time...

12:00am - About to call it a night!  Goodnight all!

No comments:

Post a Comment