"The only way of catching a train I have ever discovered is to miss the train before." - Gilbert K. Chesterton

Monday, November 28, 2011

Back.

Back in Dallas. along with my luggage and all its contents, which remained intact...including a porcelain painted egg that my Dad brought back for me from Ephesus, which was the most breakable of the luggage contents.  Ironically, I did drop that egg when I was taking it OUT of my luggage, but happily I caught it just as it was falling toward the pile of clothes in the still-open suitcase and all is well.  Other still-intact luggage contents include a ceramic nativity set that I've had since I was a kid, the wooden stable that goes with said nativity, and a ceramic caroling angel figurine that my grandmother gave me.

Basically, nothing broke.  Which is a good thing.  And now my apartment has many more Christmas elements.  Which is also a good thing.

The air travel was uneventful.  I sat next to an engaged couple on the plane who chatted loudly for most of the trip.  After I arrived back in Dallas it took me about an hour and a half to get from plane to baggage claim to luggage acquisition to shuttle port to shuttle to parking lot to car to pay booth to my apartment.  Long evening of travel, but now I'm snuggled on my couch watching Friends reruns on TV and probably going to bed soon.

Back to work and paper-writing tomorrow.

1 comment: