"The only way of catching a train I have ever discovered is to miss the train before." - Gilbert K. Chesterton

Tuesday, November 8, 2011

Sickness and Craftiness

I spent most of the day feeling sick from what I believe to be food poisoning from last night's dinner...let's just say it was not a good night.  I woke up early to register for classes at 7am, which was done with success (for my last semester of classes ever!!), and then went back to sleep until 11:30.  I spent most of the day lying on the bed watching TV and occasionally nibbling at toast before deciding I was well enough to go to my Old Testament class in the late afternoon, which ironically made me feel better thanks to fresh air and social interaction.  Nonetheless, I spent the night (you guessed it) laying on the couch reading the second Hunger Games book (which came into my possession this afternoon) and watching Ratatouille on DVR (because Disney movies and thinking about Paris are both good medicine).  Overall, I'm feeling much better, and expect to feel just fine by tomorrow.

Anywho, in the middle of all this, I spent a good deal of time surfing the internet looking for unique Christmas gifts for people (to no avail yet, unfortunately), but since I was looking at a lot of handmade sites, this quickly became the beginning of a desire to become a person who makes awesome crafts in her free time.  I had a similar urge this time last year and attempted to learn how to crochet (which was mostly unsuccessful, but had potential), but this time I've found several specific projects I want to try.  I've started to discover how much time I spend watching TV, and I'd like to cut that down by finding other things to do in my free time.  I'll keep you updated as the craftiness unfolds...

No comments:

Post a Comment