"The only way of catching a train I have ever discovered is to miss the train before." - Gilbert K. Chesterton

Sunday, November 20, 2011

The Good News...

...is that I made MAJOR headway on the seemingly insurmountable children's ministry paper today.  I changed the topic from second-generation immigrant cultural identity to "moving from cliques to community", which fits wonderfully with my very community-centered small congregation for that much-detested case study that was a surprise requirement of the paper.  Did that sentence make sense?  Well I understand what's going on, and ultimately that's what's most important.  None of you are going to read my paper.  In any case, today I acquired 9 typed pages of research from 10 sources, which will shortly be organized into outline form, from whence I will write the actual paper itself (this is my patented three-day paper-writing process, although it's going to be squished into two days in this case).  Hopefully I'll do that tonight (it's 11:45, but I'm not tired yet and it's all copy-pasting) so I can focus on writing tomorrow.  Ideally, I want to whip out a Theological Reflection Paper for my internship tomorrow (that little gem is due next Tuesday night at midnight, which is the day after I get back from Thanksgiving).  Needless to say, if I can achieve my ambitious goal of writing two papers tomorrow, it will be a very good thing...leaving me to focus on studying for my two December 5 finals and writing a final paper that is due on December 7th.  Follow all that?

I'm actually really hopeful about being able to write those papers tomorrow...I'm planning my strategy today, which was "Suck it up and just do it" (very profound, I know).  Thanksgiving break is a good motivator...nothing on my to-do list will be neglected, I am adamant about that.

In other news, week two of the kid's fellowship ministry I designed for the church where I'm interning was SPECTACULAR.  Literally flawless.  I couldn't believe it.  It was exactly how I envisioned it.  The kids were well-behaved, we had enough food, every kid had a seat at a table, the volunteers got to eat, the kids were excited to come back.  It was a beautiful thing.

Back to paper land.

Update:  I power cleaned.  And in an hour I had a clean apartment, and knocked 5 things off my to-do list for tomorrow.  Boo ya.

No comments:

Post a Comment