"The only way of catching a train I have ever discovered is to miss the train before." - Gilbert K. Chesterton

Thursday, November 17, 2011

Laughing Day

For reasons I can't really specify, today was filled with an unusually high amount of laughter.  I think everyone's getting progressively happier as Thanksgiving break approaches (along with the end of classes for the semester, if not the end of assignments).

Highlights of the day include my Old Testament class throwing a going-away party for my Argentinian professor...who is not actually going back to Argentina until May.  So that was awkward, but enjoyable.  I actually knew he wasn't leaving, but found out too late into party plans to do anything about it (and didn't know anyone well enough to tell them of their folly).  Our professor was appreciative, once he figured out what was going on, and there was much tasty food to be had...the class went all-out for this non-going-away party, including sushi, spring rolls, and cheesecake, among other things.  Then, already fairly stuffed with food, I went to dinner at my friends' house in honor of one of the girls' birthdays, and although I didn't eat too much, enjoyed some good socialization and, again, a lot of laughter.  I also got to hang out with some classmates I don't see very often, so that was fun.

One more day until the much-anticipated weekend...we can do this, people!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment