"The only way of catching a train I have ever discovered is to miss the train before." - Gilbert K. Chesterton

Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Good Day Back

Today was a fairly good day all around.  I got to leave work two hours early because I finished my work early, picked up my package of the final three seasons of Friends DVDs from the post-office, googled an ancestor who thought there were vampires in the family (the entry in that link is "Rose Family Vampire"; William G. Rose is my great-great-great-great grandfather's brother), chatted with a couple friends on the phone, accomplished some more Christmas gift shopping (via the internet), decluttered the apartment (marking a successful first day of Celia's new daily chore chart), made some Sweet and Sour Chicken for dinner, and watched two episodes on the aforementioned Friends DVDs.

You'll notice that finishing a paper was not on that list.

I may still get around to that tonight.  I'm really not super worried about it...since classes are over and I don't work on Wednesdays, I have all day tomorrow to finish the 4-6 pages that remain, and it's been writing REALLY quickly.  Today was kind of a transition day from Thanksgiving break back into the reality of Dallas life and responsibilities.  At least, that's what I'm telling myself to justify my lack of academic accomplishment today.

Now go have yourself a merry little Wednesday.  See you tomorrow night.

No comments:

Post a Comment