"The only way of catching a train I have ever discovered is to miss the train before." - Gilbert K. Chesterton

Wednesday, November 9, 2011

Cool Stuff I Found Online

If I wasn't knee-deep into this blog project (or neck deep, really), I would totally start a blog about cool stuff that I found online.  Having recently discovered the joys of Etsy through the Pride and Prejudice earrings, I've gone on a hunt to find as many unique handmade products as possible and either gawk at them or actually purchase them.  This hunt for handmade was a large factor in my current craft phase (more on that in a later post, once the project is finished).  But for a hint, here are the materials that are involved...


Yeah.  I'm sure you're intrigued.  There's actually one material missing from the picture because I haven't yet foraged for it (yeah, foraged), but more on all that in a later post.  But, it fits in this post because it's a cool project that I found (yes) online.

Back to the real reason for the post.  Today I received a handmade journal that I ordered from Ex Libris Anonymous, an Oregon-based studio that repurposes vintage books into journals.  If you like reading and writing, like me, then you know that this is SUPER cool (and at $14 a piece, they're super cheap).  Here's the one I ordered:


In this case, it's an old German book of folk songs.  And, like all of Ex Libris's journals, there are pieces of the original book incorporated into the now-journal.  Besides the cover, there are original book pages interleaved with journal pages...


...artwork original to the book...


...and, what I think is super cool, a little touch from a previous owner.


The result is that each journal is totally unique, and it was so exciting to have this arrive in my mailbox!  I don't know what I'm going to use it for yet...it seems like it should be something super artsy or poetic, so we'll see what comes of that.

So that's a cool thing I found online!  What cool things have you found?

No comments:

Post a Comment