"The only way of catching a train I have ever discovered is to miss the train before." - Gilbert K. Chesterton

Sunday, November 6, 2011

Reading Day!

For once, the title "Reading Day" is used here in the best possible ways...because I quite literally (apart from work in the morning and Bible study in the evening), read for fun all day.  Over 200 pages.  And all because Suzanne Collins, the author of The Hunger Games, knows how to end literally every single chapter on a cliffhanger that makes you want to turn the page and keep reading.

So I spent the entire afternoon and night curled up on my couch under a snuggie reading The Hunger Games.  And even though the book is really, really intense, being one of those dystopia sorts of novels, it's truly impossible to put down.  I'm already begging my friend Miranda (who lent me this book) to borrow the second book.

But now, I really ought to go to bed...I stayed up reading past my (lackadaisically imposed) bedtime!  Wish school reading could hold my attention like that...

No comments:

Post a Comment