"The only way of catching a train I have ever discovered is to miss the train before." - Gilbert K. Chesterton

Friday, November 11, 2011

Christmas Craft...Revealed!

Perhaps the suspense isn't all that necessary, but it was unintentionally built up over the last couple days' posts.  So get ready...here it is!


It's a Christmas scrap paper tree!  It ended up being somewhat bigger than I anticipated, but I found a good place for it on the bookshelf, as you can see.  It was super easy, if somewhat time consuming...basically, you cut out a ton of leaves from scrapbook paper, glue two of them together with floral wire in between, and wrap the wire around branches.  And ta da!  Scrap paper tree!  I may go back in and take out one of the sticks...it's looking a bit cumbersome at the bottom.  But overall, I'm happy with how it turned out, and I really enjoy having a craft project sitting around to work on.  My next project (much less involved) will be luminaries made from jars.  Should be fun :)

The directions I followed are at this link.  Like any craft, their version is much more polished and perfect, but I like my more rustic version.  In totally unrelated news, I went and saw Tower Heist in theaters tonight, and it was good.  You ought to go see it.  Afterwards my friend and I got burgers at Chips at Lovers Lane and Inwood.  If you live in Dallas, you should go eat there.

Work meeting most of the day tomorrow...happy Saturday?

No comments:

Post a Comment