"The only way of catching a train I have ever discovered is to miss the train before." - Gilbert K. Chesterton

Thursday, November 3, 2011

Good Day!

Today was a really good day.  This really good day comes to you in three parts, and excludes one portion of the day that was not so good because I was exhausted and feeling sick.  Focus on the positive.

Part 1: Gave a KILLER presentation on my Children's Ministry class (bad terminology?  you get the point).  Seriously though, it went really, really well...I was very pleased with how it went, despite having a page of my notes mysteriously disappear from the printing (GoogleDocs was acting up).

Part 2:  My Pride and Prejudice earrings came in the mail from England today!!  Squeeeee!!!!!  This is good for two reasons: 1) I now have awesome new earrings, and 2) I no longer have to worry about the possibility of this small, untrackable package getting lost somewhere in the Trans-Atlantic shipping process.  PLUS, the packaging was (necessarily) all British-tastic, with a giant stamp of the Queen's head and stickers that say "Royal Mail" and "Par Avion."  It's always good to have extra proof that something European has entered your life.  And the earrings look just like they did online, which is also good!  I've spent a good amount of time tonight just holding the box and looking at them, which may be nerdy, but they're pretty and I like them :)



Part 3: Spontaneous Frozen Yogurt outing with friends, after an evening consisting entirely of television and frozen pizza.  I'm finally off the massive homework pile, and have time to relax again!  Now if only I didn't have to go to class and work tomorrow...Thursday nights are always deceptively Friday-like in my life.  But maybe I'll wear my new earrings tomorrow and remember the goodness that was today :)

No comments:

Post a Comment